Monday, October 14, 2013

We Just Lost Track of Time, That's All


Where have you been, you ask?

Just trying to keep up, I suppose. I do things once in awhile. I'm involved more these days in trying to be a responsible MSer and volunteer my time and money. I posted a picture of last year's MS Walk at The Woodlands. I did it. I raised some money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I trust that they are using it wisely. I trust them so much, that I volunteered to help with the organization of this year's MS Walk! Yes, I did.

So, I'm on the committee. I quickly realized that these folks know what they are doing. They have done it before and they have it down. My involvement has been minor, admittedly. But, I am paying attention and trying to take part when the occasion arises. I have actually contributed and as the date gets closer, I see my commitment becoming bigger. I will be manning a team t-shirt give-out next week prior to the walk. I will be at the walk-site on the evening before the walk, setting up for the next day's activities. Then, I will be at the walk-site at 5 am, the morning of the Walk! Ugh! It's a big day and we have to get it ready for the 9 am start time. Haha! I will be there!

Anyways, I formed a team again: "We Just Lost Track of Time, That's All" is our team name. Again, I am trying to recruit team members and I think I have a few ready to jump! Sometimes you just gotta jump! Right? I do have some news on the team front. Last week we made a push to raise more funds. I won the award for most funds raised! And, I won the award for most emails sent out! The prize for the funds was a two-night stay at the Omni Westside here in Houston. I turned it down and they awarded it to the 2nd place person. I wouldn't have used it and I hate to see it go to waste. But, I did claim the prize for the most emails sent out. That was a dinner coupon to El Meson and dessert at The Chocolate Bar. I think I can use that, so there you go!

Anyways, long story short, the countdown for the MS Walk at The Woodlands is started. We will be walking Saturday, October 26 at 9 am. Oh, here's hoping for a nice, clear Fall day!

No comments: