Monday, March 8, 2010

Nobody Knows What MS Is Week??? March 8-14

Folks, can I have your attention for a moment?. This is coming from me and not some clinical physician who receives grants to run tests on patients with MS; not from some pharmaceutical company that profits from selling drugs to patients with MS; this is me, a person with MS. Okay? Read on, please...

Let me just say, thank you to the National MS Society; an organization that is made up of concerned people who really want to figure this whole MS thing out. That being said, it is important to me to try to make society aware that MS is still not an explained illness! Look over on the left side of my blog and you will see the history of MS. The medical definition of MS has changed, but it is clear to me that, what it is, has not changed. So guess what? That is my message to anyone and everyone who reads my blog. Nobody knows what MS is. I am stating very clearly, right now, MS is still not understood! If that is what MS Awareness Week is about, then that is the first step in figuring the whole MS-thing out. We have to fathom that fact. Nobody knows what MS is! Nobody knows what causes MS! Nobody knows how to cure MS! After all these years and all this research and all this money that has been raised and all this money that has been spent; nobody knows what MS is! That is a fact!

So, what are you going to do during MS Awareness Week? Certainly not celebrate. Become more aware? While you're becoming more aware, remember that nobody knows what MS is. Instead of calling it MS Awareness Week, I think we should call it Nobody Knows What MS Is Week!!! With three exclamation points.... MS Awareness Week just doesn't do it for me.

Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I like what you are saying. Keep up the good work. People living with MS want a cure. If not that during my lifetime how about a cause or understanding.

Keep Moving Strong!
Alan